23rd Annual Beerfest in Portland, Oregon on July 22, 23, 24 & 25, 2010 — “Always the last full weekend in July”
Portland ranks as number one for hand-crafted beer in the world because:
1. Last year, Oregon craft brewers produced the equivalent of more than 263,000,000 bottles of beer.
2. The total beer industry in Oregon grew 17% in 2006 with more than $2-1/4 billion in sales.
3. More than 38% of all draft beer and 11% of all beer consumed in Oregon is state-brewed craft beer, the highest percentage of local craft beer consumption in the U.S.
4. Oregon has 80 brewing facilities with at least 2 more ready to open; the state is the second largest producer of craft beer in America.
5. The City of Portland has 29+ breweries, more than any other city in the world.
6. Oregon ranks second in the nation in hops production, growing more than 20 different varieties.
Portland from July 22-25 is the world’s best place to be for lovers of great beers. The City will again host the largest Craft Brewer’s Festival on the globe for the 20th year. There’ll be 72+ craft beers, live music, food, displays and vendors, all at Waterfront Park beginning at noon each day. For a complete list of the beers, click on to http://oregonbrewfest.com
Here’s how easy it is to get to Waterfront Park from The Fulton House, which are both located in Southwest Portland. Walk 1/2-block to a city bus stop #35 and take the 10-minute ride downtown to a Street Car stop at Moody Avenue switch to MAX light rail (it’s free!), which will take you 1 block from the Festival in about 3 minutes. Reverse directions to get back to us.
Follow these instructions and you’ll have absolutely no worries about the hassles and expense of downtown parking. More importantly, you’ll avoid being stopped by one of Portland’s finest and being issued a ticket for DUI.
Book today….thousands come into Portland for this ultra-popular event!